An article on the need for legislated paid sick days was published in the Hamilton Spectator today by HPAP members Drs. Mike Benusic and Andrew Pinto.
Visit the campaign website for more information and to review a statement on paid sick leave signs by over 900 health care providers!
Civic leaders including HPAP Founder, Dr. Gary Bloch, joined in signing a letter to the Toronto Mayor and Council urging them to act on recommendations to advance the City’s Poverty Reduction Strategy.
The goal is to achieve concrete outcomes in 2016, including:
- Providing supportive housing for 1,000 individuals and families and making rent affordable for 7,000 households at risk of homelessness
- Providing access to subsidized childcare for 1,500 families
- Freezing adult fares until a low-income transit pass is introduced in 2017
- Ensuring that people delivering city services, either directly or through contractors, have decent, stable jobs
- Creating opportunity for people with lived experience to guide and work in city programs to ensure relevance and effectiveness
See the news release and Toronto Start article for more information.
Today was another big day for the Fight For 15 & Fairness!
Members of Health Providers Against Poverty joined allies for a meeting with the Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, Dr. Eric Hoskins, to discuss the need for protected paid sick days in Ontario as called for in a statement signed by more than 900 health workers!
Check out this coverage of the month of action for legislated paid sick days in Ontario!