Many families in Ontario rely on social assistance to cover their basic living expenses, which has only become even more challenging during this pandemic. We know that COVID-19 is disproportionally impacting low-income Ontarians, who are often at the front line of this pandemic. Despite this social assistant rates have not increased since 2018 and they keep people below the poverty line.
Join us today in a day of action demanding increased social assistance benefits for Ontarians who have been hardest hit by this pandemic.
You can help by:
- Contacting Todd Smith (Minister of Children, Community, and Social Services)
- Email: ministerMCCSS@ontario.ca or Todd.Smithco@pc.ola.org
- Call: 416-212-7432 or 613-962-1144
- Sharing our demands
- Taking a selfie of you making the call and post it on social media
- Tag @ToddSmithPC and @HPAP_Ontario
- Hashtag #onpoli and #RaiseTheRates